2000 WELLESLEY COMPOSERS CONFERENCE
Principal teacher: Mario Davidovsky
2000 STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, STONY BROOK
Ph.D. in music composition.
Principal teacher: Daniel Weymouth.
1999 VOIX NOUVELLES SESSION DE COMPOSITION
Principal teacher: Brian Ferneyhough.
1996 STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, STONY BROOK
M.A. in music composition.
Principal teacher: Daria Semegen.
1992 EASTMAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC
B.M. in music theory cum laude.
FELLOWSHIPS AND RESIDENCIES
2001 JOHN SIMON GUGGENHEIM MEMORIAL FOUNDATION
Fellowship in music composition.
2001, 2002 THE MACDOWELL COLONY
1999 COMPOSERS CONFERENCE AT WELLESLEY
1994-1997 STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, STONY BROOK
Humanities and Fine Arts Fellowship. (University-wide Fellowship)
1988-1992 EASTMAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC
George Eastman Scholarship.
RECENT GRANTS, AWARDS AND HONORS
2005 SWARTHMORE COLLEGE
2002 FROMM MUSIC FOUNDATION
2002 MEET THE COMPOSER
Meet the Composer Fund Grant.
UNIVERSITY TEACHING EXPERIENCE
2005 - present STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY
1998-2005 LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY SOUTHAMPTON COLLEGE
1995-1999 STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, STONY BROOK
Spring 2002 College Music Society Northeast Chapter Conference
Spring 2001 Society of Composers National Conference, Syracuse, New York
Summer 2000 Wellesley Composers Conference, Wellesley College, Massachusetts
Spring 2000 Society of Composers National Student Conference, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Fall 1999 Society of Composers Region I Conference, Bowdoin College, Maine
Fall 1999 Fondation Royaumont Voix Nouvelles Session de Composition, France
Fall 1998 Society of Composers Region II Conference, Stony Brook, New York
July 1998 California State University Summer Arts Composer’s Workshop
June 1998 Music 98 Festival at University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
June 1996 June in Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
June 1995 June in Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
Fall 1994 Society of Composers Region II Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Participating composer and performer.
- Commissioned by the Oracle Trio for new work for piano trio. (SPIN)
- Commissioned by Strike Duo piano and percussion duet. (Soft Stillness and the Night)
- Commissioned by Swarthmore College for string quartet. (Intelligent Design)
- Commissioned by Charles Matz for two song settings for soprano and organ. (St. Charles Songs)
- Commissioned by Steve Paysen and Dominic Donato for a marimba duo. (Marimbiature)
- Commissioned by the Fromm Music Foundation to write a piece of any type. (Causerie)
- Commissioned by the Choral Society of the Hamptons for work for chorus and organ. (The Life of
- Commissioned by the Nieuw Ensemble (Netherlands) for large chamber work for performance and
broadcast on Dutch radio. (Holding Patterns)
- Commissioned by Ensemble 21 to write a saxophone and piano piece for their 2000-2001 concert
series. (Attack Mode)
- Commissioned in 1997 by Paul Vaillancourt and Andree Martin for a flute and percussion piece
for their 1998 Summer tour of Canada. (Elevations)
- Commissioned by the Stony Brook Contemporary Chamber Players, a contemporary music
ensemble directed by Gilbert Kalish and Raymond Des Roches, for their 1999 Premieres Concert
in New York City. (Entanglement)
- Commissioned in 1997 by Simon Docking for a set of piano miniatures. (Improvements Book 2)
I am an organist with ten years of professional experience. In 2007, I passed the
examination to become a Colleague of the American Guild of Organists. I am currently
organist and director of music at Christ Episcopal Church in Sag Harbor, New York. My
duties include weekly performance on the organ and piano, planning music for
services, choosing hymns, preparing anthems with the choir, and administering a
series of concerts.
Member of American Music Center since 1999.
Member of Society of Composers since 1997.
Writer member of ASCAP since 1996.
German: Speaking and reading ability.